|Arizona NROTC Incoming Students 2017-2018 School Year|
Congratulations on earning the opportunity to pursue your degree and commission at NROTC Unit, University of Arizona. Read through the following information carefully, and ensure that you are taking the steps required for your specific program (ie Navy Option, Marine Option, STA-21 or MECEP).
Fall 2017 Deadline
For students who wish to apply for the College Program for the Fall 2017 semester, the deadline for your application is 15JUL2017.
Spring 2018 Deadline
For students who wish to apply for the College Program for the Fall 2016 semester, the deadline for your application is 15NOV2017.
- Contact the recruiting officer via phone: 520-626-5772 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org in order to confirm your placement at The University of Arizona.
- Fax or scan/email a copy of your letter of acceptance to The University of Arizona to 520-626-5772 attn: LT Riffitts or email: email@example.com .
- Plan to attend the Naval ROTC Unit, the University of Arizona new student orientation at a to-be-determined date. No housing or meals will be provided, so ensure that you have living arrangements made beforehand. Check in will be from 1000 – 1300 on the first day of orientation at South Hall. More specific information regarding the schedule for orientation will be mailed out in June.
- Ensure that you are within height and weight standards, and able to meet the minimum physical fitness requirements of your specific program upon check in. Failure to arrive in adequate physical shape may result in your scholarship not being activated, and/or your disenrollment from the program.
**IMPORTANT: in order to be in good standing, all NROTC members must be registered for a minimum of 12 units EXCLUDING Naval Science courses.
NAVY and MARINE Option Scholarship MIDN:
- Fax or scan/email a copy of your approved DODMERB physical to 520-626-5772 attn: LT Riffitts or email: firstname.lastname@example.org . If you have not been found physically qualified, email the current status of your physical (ie just completed, awaiting waiver review, etc.)
NAVY and MARINE Option Scholarship and College Program MIDN:
- Complete the attached uniform sizing questionnaire and return to LT Riffitts via fax: 520-626-5772.
- Begin compiling the items in the attached Checklist of Required Items and ensure that you have them with you when you report to South Hall to check in on the first day of orientation. Failure to have these items on hand will result in our inability to check you in.
- Register for NS 101 - Introduction to Naval Science (3 credits). Additionally: Navy and Marine option MIDN register for NS 100 - Naval Science lab.
STA - 21:
- Register for NS 100 - Naval Science Lab.
- Contact the AMOI, GySgt Jason Dow: 520-626-5774 and the MOI, Captain McCarley: 520-626-5773.
- Register for NS 100 - Naval Science lab.