Student Candidate Billets
These are the possible leadership billets a student can hold within the University of Arizona NROTC unit, with a short description and the current billet holders.
Battalion Commander (BNCO)
Current Billet holder MIDN Parker Kahn
- Guide, coordinate, and oversee the semesters scheduling vice semesters scheduling.
- Ensure appropriate accountability and counseling procedures are in place.
- Act as direct liaison between command staff and the student battalion.
- Briefing the CO and Capt Munroe on a weekly basis regarding that weeks schedule.
- Holding weekly meeting with the student staff.
- Ultimately, you are responsible for everything that goes on within the battalion.
Battalion Executive Officer (BNXO)
Current Billet holder MIDN Matthew Tatarka-Brown
- In charge of administrative work.
- Is the filter between the BNCO and all staff.
- Becomes acting BNCO in absence.
- Oversees the OpsO, CMC, FinO, AthO, and BNCO.
Battalion Sergeant Major (SGTMAJ)
Current Billet holder MIDN OC Marcus Hunt
- Oversees unit uniform standards and overall unit morale.
- In charge of discipline within the unit.
Administration Officer (s-1:ADMINO)
Current Billet holder OC Benjamin Crawford
- Oversees Battalion staff.
- Handles issues involving battalion manpower.
- In charge of ACDO, A/ACADO, and TRAINO.
Operations Officer (s-3:OPSO)
Current Billet holder MIDN Richard Nelson
- Work with S-3 staff members to carry out planning for all battalion evolutions.
- Update and send out POW every week.
- Carry out weekly inspections with CMC & XO.
- Organize for picnics, joint parade, volunteer events, etc.
- In charge of BALLO, A/BALLO, ATHO, and A/ATHO.
Supply Officer (s-4:SUPO)
Current Billet holder OC Luke Smeilus
- Going to costco weekly to stock the wardroom with drinks and snacks.
- Acquiring food for and other supplies for ROTC BBQs.
- Getting any other supplies needed by battalion staff.
- In charge of SAFO, FINO, PARKO, and A/PARKO.
Communications Officer (s-6:COMMO)
Current Billet holder MIDN Beau Graham
- Works with s-6 staff to handle issues involving battalion communications (IE Emails or BN Newsletter).
- Ensures the technology portion of lab runs smoothly.
- In charge of A/DPO, PAO, and A/PAO
Athletics Officer (ATHO)
Current Billet holder MIDN Connor Macfarlane
- Coordinate and implement all PT evolutions.
- Responsible for executing inventory PRT and a final PRT and swim final PRT
- Responsible for executing makeup inventory and final PRT.
- Coordinate with AAtho concerning Physical Enhancement Program (FEP)
- Monitor and invent fancy Platoon Competitions.
Assistant Athletics Officer (AATHO)
Current Billet holder MIDN Philip Wetherbee
- Create a workout plan that caters to the needs of members that are assigned to FEP.
- Synthesize a comprehensive excel worksheet outlining the semester's workout plan.
- Attend and supervise workouts Tuesdays and Thursdays from 0600-0700.
- Coordinate with the Athletics Officer and assist in carrying out battalion workouts on Monday mornings as per his or her request.
- Encourage and motivate FEP members by providing a good example of an acceptable level of fitness and giving words of encouragement and advice.
- Submit weekly muster reports to Staff officers.
Parking Officer (PARKO)
Current Billet holder MIDN Royce Heydt
Assistant Parking Officer (APARKO)
Current Billet holder MIDN Mitch Cohen
Ball Officer (BALLO)
Current Billet holder SSgt Alex Angle
Assistant Ball Officer (ABALLO)
Current Billet holder MIDN Josephine Christenson
Public Affairs Officer (PAO)
Current Billet holder OC Kevin Perez
Assistant Public Affairs Officer(APAO)
Current Billet holder MIDN Philippe Bergeron
Training Officer (TRAINO)
Current Billet holder MIDN Austin Lohr
Assistant Data Processing Officer (ADPO)
Current Billet holder MIDN Taeheon Lee
- Manage the website and update it as necessary. [Req. understanding of PhP programming language or rudimentary programming skills.]
- Manage the ListServ and ensure all complaints and problems are dealt with.
- Monitor ListServ for spam traffic and errors in e-mails. [Req. access to e-mail at all times, preferably with a smart phone.]
- Update the computers as necessary.
- Deal with ongoing problems on the computers (staff and wardroom). [Req. a basic understanding of advanced computer techniques, shortcuts, and hardware knowledge.]
- Deal with problems related to unit staff computers.
- Design new ways to keep the battalion technologically up to date.
- Ensure that all information gets out to all marching members.
- Run the tech side of labs on Wednesdays and make sure everything is set up by the time the battalion comes in after muster.
Academics Officer (ACADO)
Current Billet holder MIDN Nathan Goss
- Track and report study hours of students on SEP.
- Inform battalion members of opportunities academically related.
- Advise and council students on academics as needed.
- All other tasks assigned by unit staff.
Assistant Academics Officer (AACADO)
Current Billet holder MIDN Brett Baca
- Performs the same duties as the ACADO, but for the students attending Pima Community College.
Finance Officer (FINO)
Current Billet holder OC Kyle Kitley
- In charge of the battalion's Budget.
- Work with Unit and battalion staff on the use of the wardroom funds.
- Work with the Supply Officer and keep track of the soda mess.
Safety Officer (SAFO)
Current Billet holder MIDN Alex Perea
Color Guard Officer
Current Billet holder MIDN Nathan King
- Teach a detail proper drill movements with rifles and flags.
- Provide Color Guard for any unit ceremonies (Change of Command, Joint Parade, etc.)
Company Commanding Officers (COCO)
Current Billet holders MIDN Jarret Ziemba, MIDN Zachary Rossi
Company Executive Officers (COXO)
Current Billet holders MIDN Oscar McGlasson, MIDN Carlos Letts
Company 1st Sergeant (1stSgt)
Current Billet holders MIDN William Brace, MIDN Alek Staffnik
Company Guide (COG)
Current Billet holders MIDN Jonathan Miller, MIDN Matthew Franzoia
Platoon Commanders (PCO)
Current Billet holders MIDN Marshall Gore, MIDN Nicholas Holloway, OC Ryan Cosic, MIDN Ryan Hack
Platoon Sergeants (PXO)
Current Billet holders MIDN Alexandra Wismer, MIDN Matthew Schodensack, MIDN Garrett Foley, OC Michael Syson
Marine Platoon Commander/Platoon Sergeant/PTI
Current Billet holders MIDN William Brace, MIDN David Norris, SSgt Andrew Coco