Student Candidate Billets
These are the possible leadership billets a student can hold within the University of Arizona NROTC unit, with a short description and the current billet holders.
Battalion Commander (BNCO)
Current Billet holder MIDN Cynthia Morton
- Guide, coordinate, and oversee the semesters scheduling vice semesters scheduling.
- Ensure appropriate accountability and counseling procedures are in place.
- Act as direct liaison between command staff and the student battalion.
- Briefing the CO and Capt Munroe on a weekly basis regarding that weeks schedule.
- Holding weekly meeting with the student staff.
- Ultimately, you are responsible for everything that goes on within the battalion.
Battalion Executive Officer (BNXO)
Current Billet holder MIDN Matthew Myers
- In charge of administrative work.
- Is the filter between the BNCO and all staff.
- Becomes acting BNCO in absence.
- Oversees the OpsO, CMC, FinO, AthO, and BNCO.
Battalion Sergeant Major (SGTMAJ)
Current Billet holder MIDN Philip Wetherbee
- Oversees unit uniform standards and overall unit morale.
- In charge of discipline within the unit.
Administration Officer (s-1:ADMINO)
Current Billet holder MIDN Alex Perea
- Oversees Battalion staff.
- Handles issues involving battalion manpower.
- In charge of ACDO, A/ACADO, and TRAINO.
Operations Officer (s-3:OPSO)
Current Billet holder MIDN Nathan Goss
- Work with S-3 staff members to carry out planning for all battalion evolutions.
- Update and send out POW every week.
- Carry out weekly inspections with CMC & XO.
- Organize for picnics, joint parade, volunteer events, etc.
- In charge of BALLO, A/BALLO, ATHO, and A/ATHO.
Supply Officer (s-4:SUPO)
Current Billet holder OC Michael Syson
- Going to costco weekly to stock the wardroom with drinks and snacks.
- Acquiring food for and other supplies for ROTC BBQs.
- Getting any other supplies needed by battalion staff.
- In charge of SAFO, FINO, PARKO, and A/PARKO.
Communications Officer (s-6:COMMO)
Current Billet holder GySgt Brian Tuthill
- Works with s-6 staff to handle issues involving battalion communications (IE Emails or BN Newsletter).
- Ensures the technology portion of lab runs smoothly.
- In charge of A/DPO, PAO, and A/PAO
Athletics Officer (ATHO)
Current Billet holder MIDN Marshall Gore
- Coordinate and implement all PT evolutions.
- Responsible for executing inventory PRT and a final PRT and swim final PRT
- Responsible for executing makeup inventory and final PRT.
- Coordinate with AAtho concerning Physical Enhancement Program (FEP)
- Monitor and invent fancy Platoon Competitions.
Assistant Athletics Officer (AATHO)
Current Billet holder MIDN Bella Caruso
- Create a workout plan that caters to the needs of members that are assigned to FEP.
- Synthesize a comprehensive excel worksheet outlining the semester's workout plan.
- Attend and supervise workouts Tuesdays and Thursdays from 0600-0700.
- Coordinate with the Athletics Officer and assist in carrying out battalion workouts on Monday mornings as per his or her request.
- Encourage and motivate FEP members by providing a good example of an acceptable level of fitness and giving words of encouragement and advice.
- Submit weekly muster reports to Staff officers.
Parking Officer (PARKO)
Current Billet holder MIDN Thomas Sawyer
Assistant Parking Officer (APARKO)
Current Billet holder MIDN Catalina Mitchell
Ball Officer (BALLO)
Current Billet holder SSgt Alex Angle
Assistant Ball Officer (ABALLO)
Current Billet holder MIDN Josephine Christenson
Public Affairs Officer (PAO)
Current Billet holder MIDN Alexis Merino
Assistant Public Affairs Officer(APAO)
Current Billet holder MIDN Matthew Han
Training Officer (TRAINO)
Current Billet holder MIDN Justin Bongco
Assistant Data Processing Officer (ADPO)
Current Billet holder MIDN Scott Martin
- Manage the website and update it as necessary. [Req. understanding of PhP programming language or rudimentary programming skills.]
- Manage the ListServ and ensure all complaints and problems are dealt with.
- Monitor ListServ for spam traffic and errors in e-mails. [Req. access to e-mail at all times, preferably with a smart phone.]
- Update the computers as necessary.
- Deal with ongoing problems on the computers (staff and wardroom). [Req. a basic understanding of advanced computer techniques, shortcuts, and hardware knowledge.]
- Deal with problems related to unit staff computers.
- Design new ways to keep the battalion technologically up to date.
- Ensure that all information gets out to all marching members.
- Run the tech side of labs on Wednesdays and make sure everything is set up by the time the battalion comes in after muster.
Academics Officer (ACADO)
Current Billet holder MIDN Hannah Sterritt
- Track and report study hours of students on SEP.
- Inform battalion members of opportunities academically related.
- Advise and council students on academics as needed.
- All other tasks assigned by unit staff.
Assistant Academics Officer (AACADO)
Current Billet holder MIDN Kate Midel
- Performs the same duties as the ACADO, but for the students attending Pima Community College.
Finance Officer (FINO)
Current Billet holder OC Nolan Colmore
- In charge of the battalion's Budget.
- Work with Unit and battalion staff on the use of the wardroom funds.
- Work with the Supply Officer and keep track of the soda mess.
Safety Officer (SAFO)
Current Billet holder MIDN Searra Sandlin
Color Guard Officer
Current Billet holder MIDN Cheyson Antolin
- Teach a detail proper drill movements with rifles and flags.
- Provide Color Guard for any unit ceremonies (Change of Command, Joint Parade, etc.)
Company Commanding Officers (COCO)
Current Billet holders MIDN Alex Heydt, MIDN Zachary Ronan
Company Executive Officers (COXO)
Current Billet holders MIDN Austin Gooder, MIDN Kira von Steinbergs
Company 1st Sergeant (1stSgt)
Current Billet holders MIDN Tiffany Hoffman, MIDN Christian Heydt
Company Guide (COG)
Current Billet holders MIDN Matthew Burdick, MIDN Emilio Mackie
Platoon Commanders (PCO)
Current Billet holders MIDN Brett Baca, MIDN Matthew Coleman,
MIDN Jon Miller, MIDN Kenniss Pannell
Platoon Sergeants (PSGT)
Current Billet holdersMIDN Nathan King, MIDN Reece Weatherford, MIDN Christopher Lazauskas, MIDN Thomas Sayre
Marine Platoon Commander/Platoon Sergeant
Current Billet holders MIDN David Norris, MIDN Samuel Kuckuk